Lots of 'threats' found+viruses found on scans!

buel 22:25 12 Aug 10

Hello! Im afraid that lately im getting AVG finding threats such as 'Trojan horse Dropper generic, Virus found exoit' and im not always able to use AVG to erase them/fix them as one earlier today said 'object is inaccessible in c:/documents and settings/network services'.
Also i seem to be getting strange pages opening up on a different tab when i already have a page up. When i update and run AVG, SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes i am always finding threats.
Please can anyone offer any advice on what else i can do?

DieSse 23:11 12 Aug 10

Try running them in Safe Mode.

Ashrich 23:14 12 Aug 10

And turn off system restore first before running your above programs ....also try running the free version of PREVX

Ashley

buel 23:16 12 Aug 10

Thank you for that! May i ask why they should be run in safe mode?

Dark Mantis 09:15 13 Aug 10

Because in safe mode only the most basic programs are loaded the Windows requires to function.

buel 15:21 13 Aug 10

Thank you for that!
Please may i also ask why system restore should be turned off before running the scans in safe mode too?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:29 13 Aug 10

MAlware and viruses can "hide" in the system restore files which cannot be scanned or possibly cleaned.

buel 15:39 13 Aug 10

God they're evil, i hate them so much!!!

buel 12:52 15 Aug 10

Hi again, i updated AVG, SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes and SpyBot, went into safe mode, turned off System Restore and ran all the scans. Malwarebytes, SAS and Spybot didn't find anything and AVG ran a scan in a small black window which closed/finished when i was out of the room so didn't see any results. One normal programme that wasn't working in 'normal' start up now works but i still get Firefox opening new tabs? Has anyone any other ideas please?

birdface 13:03 15 Aug 10

Not updated Firefox lately have you.
There was a rogue Firefox program going about.

buel 16:32 15 Aug 10

Hi there, im pretty sure i haven't updated Firefox!
What other action can i take please?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now