"lostresourcefinder.com" - how do I remove it?

grrrr 17:15 21 May 06

Hi all! Recently when a webpage I am trying to access doesn't load for one reason or another I am automatically redirected to something called "lostresourcefinder.com" which looks like an advertising site. I do not want this. Is this spyware or what? I have all the usual security in place including spywareblaster, spywareguard (unfortunately installed after this redirection started happening), spybot search and destroy, lavasoft adaware, windows defender, as well as whatever security BT Yahoo (my broadband provider) use - not that I'm paranoid or anything...!!!! but none of them ever bring this up. What is it exactly and how do I get rid of it? I run Internet Explorer 7. PS I prostrate myself humbly at all your feet in expectation of a solution (which I can understand...)

VoG II 17:16 21 May 06

Download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

When installing, under 'Additional Options' untick 'Install background guard' and 'Install scan via context menu'.

Launch Ewido by double clicking the icon on your desktop. The program will now go to the main screen. You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files. On the left hand side of the main screen click update then click on Start Update.

Then select 'scanner' then 'Settings'. Under the bottom section 'What to Scan?' make sure 'Scan every file' is ticked. Select 'OK' and you will return to scanning options. Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin. This scan can take quite a while to run.

While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file it finds. Choose 'Clean' (or 'Delete' if 'Clean' is not an option). Then put a tick next to 'Perform action on all infections'. Doing this enables the scan to proceed automatically until its completion. Click OK.

grrrr 17:23 21 May 06

Hi VoG - thanx for your quick response. I did try Ewido a few days ago and I thought it was very good - but it didn't find this or remove it! I'll try it again though if I get no luck elsewhere...

skidzy 17:58 21 May 06

If Ewido dosnt sort this out you should try this:
Run HJT click here
and post the log click here here they have the experts to advise you accordingly.

Good luck

grrrr 18:20 21 May 06

thanx skidzy! I've posted the log anyway to see what they suggest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…