Lost XP Password!!

SOREBLADE 15:26 07 Oct 05

I stuck a really hard password on my PC and have forgotten it I have also put a password on the Administrator account is there a way in before I reload Windows or try and hack in??

rawprawn 15:34 07 Oct 05

click here see if this helps.

ventanas 15:36 07 Oct 05

Do you know the admin password. If so log in with that account. You should then be able to change user passwords. But you will probably lose access to any encrypted data you have, and to all email messages. Its a good idea to always create a password reset floppy. It saves a lot of bother.

rawprawn 15:41 07 Oct 05

You can also try this
This hack will only work if the person that owns the machine has no intelligence. This is how it works: When you or anyone installs Windows XP for the first time your asked to put in your username and up to five others. Now, unknownst to a lot of other people this is the only place in Windows XP that you can password the default Administrator Diagnostic Account. This means that to by pass most administrators accounts on Windows XP all you have to do is boot to safe mode by pressing F8 during boot up and choosing it. Log into the Administrator Account and create your own or change the password on the current Account. This only works if the user on setup specified a password for the Administrator Account. This has worked for me on both Windows XP Home and Pro.

Source Google

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:42 07 Oct 05

Windows2k/XP
Try this:

1- boot to the windows xp/2000 CD ,

2- press enter to start setup ,

3- press F8 for the license

agreement ,

4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so ,

5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then

press shift F10 to open a command prompt. For windows 2000 wait until it is registering

components then press shift F10 to open a command prompt. ,

6- In windows XP either type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. For windows 2000 type in "control.exe" w/o quotation marks and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP and the regular control panel in 2000. ,

7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. ,

8- let the inplace upgrade finish.

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

SOREBLADE 20:31 07 Oct 05

OK I'll have to do that then I have put an Administroator Password on and forgotten it and have no floppy drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…