Lost XP Network Connections

pn1 08:25 08 Feb 03

Something has caused my XP Home Network Connections to be switched off - I have discovered a round about way of getting on-line but it's inconvenient.

The system event viewer is logging the following message when I boot-up which may be related - com+ is working OK ... does anyone know what goes?

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 80040154 from line 44 of d:\nt\com\com1x\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. This may indicate that the COM+ Event System is not properly installed. Please try reinstalling the COM+ Event System.

AndySD 09:04 08 Feb 03

I cant see the Com+ event system bieng the problem but check its not disabled click here will show you.

pn1 15:21 08 Feb 03

Thanks ßé?â your solution worked - this cost me hours and hours and I was reluctantly coming to the point of ringing Microsoft - Thanks both of you for replying

Thanks from Downunder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…