Lost xp boot partition after 98 hdd install

1st RHA 00:54 04 Feb 03

tried to put old win 98 as slave to xp now my c partition has disappeared, help!!!!

1st RHA 10:26 04 Feb 03

Still lost here tried booting with repair cd but can't find main partition. had partitionmagic support floppy but don't seem to read them.

Any ideas will a new copy of boot magic be bootable to solve this problem?

1st RHA 11:05 04 Feb 03

any ideas more than welcomeas broadband due Friday

woodchip 11:10 04 Feb 03

It will not work like that. You have to load 98 first on to a blank Computer then install XP you may be able to use if you change the jumpers on the drives so that the slave becomes Master and visa versa

1st RHA 23:47 04 Feb 03

But now I still have this problem how do I get my boot sector back (c: partition)

cream. 00:10 05 Feb 03

1st RHA

Ok not having muck luck? I don't know if this may help, but I saw it a while ago and filed it away.

click here

Scroll half way down to repair X\P boot loader.

1st RHA 08:47 05 Feb 03

not tried it yet out to interview but will be straight on it looks goood will report back.

cream. 13:06 05 Feb 03

These may be of genral help for X\P.

click here

click here

click here

Please note the last one has 7 individual pages.

1st RHA 23:45 05 Feb 03

Some excellent links, I went and got partition magic 8 today £30 and I now have a usable partition, the rest as they say should be easy!!!!!!

cream. 00:30 06 Feb 03

Well pleased m8

How did you get on with your interview? well I hope.

Funnily enough I thought I would better myself and applied for the position of village idiot at Elwick, posh place.

I did not get the job because I turned up at the interview. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…