lost word

PATRICIA-238915 16:25 21 Apr 03

We had to reboot our computer after a problem and now i cannot access "word". Everytime i try to open it it comes up with a request for a product key or a number off a CD. The computer came with Word already installed and now i can't access it.

I need 'Word' to be able to do my college work.

slaveofconvention 16:28 21 Apr 03

Vendors have to, by law, provide a separate and unique serial for every copy of word they sell, if its in a bundle, doesnt make a lick of difference. I worked at PC World for a year or so and any PC with Word preinstalled came with a little card amongst all the other bumpf with the serial... Alternatively, pray your PC wasnt made my Tiny and contact the supplier for assistance.

spikeychris 16:32 21 Apr 03

Operating system??. You could use system restore. Do you have a reload disk? If word came pre-installed and you don't have it on disk check to see if its on the reload.

Chris

PATRICIA-238915 16:32 21 Apr 03

thanks for your reply, got computer from dixons so will try them, and look for all the stuff that came with the computer.

spikeychris 16:34 21 Apr 03

Posted before I read the better post from slaveofconvention

PATRICIA-238915 16:35 21 Apr 03

will try that but won't that mean i lose all my current settings

spikeychris 16:38 21 Apr 03

System restore won't affect your settings but a reload most certainly will.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…