lost word

PATRICIA-238915 16:25 21 Apr 03

We had to reboot our computer after a problem and now i cannot access "word". Everytime i try to open it it comes up with a request for a product key or a number off a CD. The computer came with Word already installed and now i can't access it.

I need 'Word' to be able to do my college work.

slaveofconvention 16:28 21 Apr 03

Vendors have to, by law, provide a separate and unique serial for every copy of word they sell, if its in a bundle, doesnt make a lick of difference. I worked at PC World for a year or so and any PC with Word preinstalled came with a little card amongst all the other bumpf with the serial... Alternatively, pray your PC wasnt made my Tiny and contact the supplier for assistance.

spikeychris 16:32 21 Apr 03

Operating system??. You could use system restore. Do you have a reload disk? If word came pre-installed and you don't have it on disk check to see if its on the reload.

Chris

PATRICIA-238915 16:32 21 Apr 03

thanks for your reply, got computer from dixons so will try them, and look for all the stuff that came with the computer.

spikeychris 16:34 21 Apr 03

Posted before I read the better post from slaveofconvention

PATRICIA-238915 16:35 21 Apr 03

will try that but won't that mean i lose all my current settings

spikeychris 16:38 21 Apr 03

System restore won't affect your settings but a reload most certainly will.

Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…