Lost wireless connection

Barmyblu 13:05 03 Feb 08

Hi
Am new to this site(1st posting)
We bought our daughter an Acer F3 laptop 4 xmas and its been fine until friday when she switched it on and lost her network connection.
She connects to net via my PC (Sky B/band)using a wireless connection.
Whats confusing me is that she has an icon showing that the laptop is connected to Sky network and the signal strenth is excellent?.
After running windows network diagnostics the message is "computer has limited or no connectivity"..(o/s is vista home)
Anyone got any ideas?..she's 12yrs old & suffering from cant talk to her friends syndrome and driving me nuts.

User-1229748 14:27 03 Feb 08

have you run all the usual anti-virus and anti-spyware scans

Technotiger 14:33 03 Feb 08

Hi, and welcome to the best Forum on the net - have a read through this Thread, may point you in the right direction ... click here

Technotiger 14:45 03 Feb 08

Or, if no further on, try this (found on another forum and intended for XP, but will probably work with Vista too) ...

Go to Start> Run> CMD, to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Barmyblu 21:29 04 Feb 08

Thanks for your help i tried what you suggested and it seems to have done the trick for the time being...and my daughter is once again happy chatting away 2 her friends...until next time..lol.

Technotiger 21:40 04 Feb 08

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…