Lost wireless connection

horizontaldave 18:36 16 Jan 07

My wireless connection had been playing up for a while, the occasional connection drop to the router, gradually getting more frequent. But now it has given up the ghost altogether, although every thing is happy, it will not connect.

The only thing that had changed recently was I had set up a wired connection to my Xbox360 connecting to the net via the wireless, which had been working for a day before the wireless link died.

I've been using a linksys wireless card on XP, connecting to a livebox. There are no problems for 2 other laptops connecting wirelessly.

There are no wireless network errors or problem reports anywere I can find.
Although windows told me my wireless card was all happy, I decided that was the likey culprit and got a another wireless access device, a usb belkin jobbie this time, installed all the drivers, entered all the right settings, entered paring mode on the live box, but still no connection.

Any ideas, I really don't want to have to reinstall XP again to get round this

Thanks

Strawballs 21:36 16 Jan 07

If the wireless adapter is an inbuilt one on a laptop you could try a USB adapter to rule out the onboard one.
Do you have anybody that you could borrow one from.

click here if not these will do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…