Lost wireless capability following installation of Windows 7

JanLon 22:58 PM 29 Jan 12

I have returnd my laptop (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 2727) to factory setting, increased the memory and installed Windows 7. Wireless was working fine until I installed Windows 7. Everything works fine on the Ethernet cable, the usual way of turning on the wireless connection using Fn+F1 is not working. Any ideas..??

mgmcc 08:33 AM 31 Jan 12

If you have replaced a previous version of Windows with Windows 7, have you installed suitable new drivers for the Wireless Network Adapter? It may also be the case that the Laptop's original software included something to allow Fn+F1 to enable WiFi and that element is no longer present.

T0SH 15:26 PM 02 Feb 12

Looks like Fujitsu have drivers support for Vista on this laptop (Vista drivers mostly work well on Win7)

Can I suggest you look first in the Tools and Utilities section the Launch Manager may well be the utility you need to enable the Fn+F1 keys on off toggle

There is also a step by step upgrade guide to Win7

http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/Download/ShowFiles.asp

Cheers HC

Routers4Humans 06:44 AM 03 Feb 12

Hi JanLon,

This is a very common problem in Technical world as when we try to upgrade or downgrade our Operating System, the way the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer)doesn't recommend.

Well, I would suggest you to look for the compatible drivers, which is more or less the reason that your computer has lost the wireless capability. One of the example, should be like this: http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/v=Fujitsu%20Siemens&m=AMILO%20La1703&id=97&l=en

Let me know, if this works or not........

Strawballs 20:27 PM 04 Feb 12
  Strawballs 20:28 PM 04 Feb 12

The above post is for Vista as could not find windows 7 but when I was testing the beta of windows 7 most things worked on the vista drivers.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay