Lost windows update program in the start menu

bretsky 16:45 05 Oct 03

I seem to have deleted my windows update progam from the start menu {silly billy}any ideas on how to retrieve it, would it be on my windows xp home installation cd?if so how do I get it back into the start menu? At the moment I am using the m/soft ie file saved to the desktop, so when I need updates, I just click on the icon and I'm there.Don't want to use systems restore as this would undo a lot of changes made!also I use cybersrub which is non recoverable.
So your input would be greatly appreciated.
regards.........bretsky.

VoG II 16:54 05 Oct 03

In Windows Explorer navigate to C:\system32\wupdmgr.exe right click and select Copy.

Go to desktop, right click and select Paste Shortcut. Drag the shortcut onto the Start button.

Click start, navigate to the new item, right click and select Rename and call it Windows Update.

powerless 16:57 05 Oct 03

Go to the following folder: C:\WINDOWS\system32

Find: wupdmgr

Right click > Create shortcut > Copy the shortcut.

Right click the start menu > Open all users > Paste the shortcut you copied. Rename the file if you wish "Windows Update".

powerless 16:58 05 Oct 03

doh.

VoG II 17:01 05 Oct 03

C:\windows\system32\wupdmgr.exe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…