Lost Windows Password

exbrat67 13:21 08 Nov 05

My grand daughter has a lap top and I put a password for either BIOS or Windows (8 months ago). She is now unable to get into the computer and the password that I remember does not work. Is their any way to get into the computer. Thanks

Doire_Bhoy 13:26 08 Nov 05

Reset password for Windows XP by hitting f8 at bootup, select safe mode, at logon, go to the admin account, hit enter, and the password is now reset.

Doire_Bhoy 13:27 08 Nov 05

Sorry, I need to add something.

once you've logged on as admin from safe mode, go to user accounts in the control panel, click your admin account and delete password. Reset PC to normal, everything should work.

To keep yourself safe in the future, go to user accounts (if you're admin that is) and click your name. to the left of you, there should be a related tasks option there, in that menu, select "Prevent a forgotten password" have a formatted floppy handy and create the disk.

To use the disk, simply get to your logon screen, hit enter, the "did you forget your password" box should show, in this box, select "use your forgotten password disk" place your floppy in the drive, click next, and type a new password. Simply logon again with the new password.

exbrat67 19:31 08 Nov 05

Doire_Bhoy
Thanks for your prompt reply. It now appears to be the BIOS password that is causing the problem. I suspect that this will be a more difficult .

sinbad1 20:19 08 Nov 05

this may help click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:47 08 Nov 05
  Jaro 22:16 08 Nov 05

exbrat67 17:57 14 Nov 05

Thank you all for the help - now resolved

holllow 05:10 21 Dec 06

To reset lost windows password I suppose you using Active@ Password Changer, it works quickly
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…