lost windows manual and product code

matt68 17:37 03 May 03

can anyone please tell me where i can obtain the product authorisation code number needed for loading windows as i need to install windows 98 second edition onto another computer but have lost the manual and code number

Forum Editor 17:41 03 May 03

you can't so it.

You are only licenced to install Windows on one machine in any case.

Forum Editor 17:41 03 May 03

"...can't do it".

Belatucadrus 17:52 03 May 03

If you have the original PC it is possible to find the windows key from it using " Keyfinder " click here .But as FE says only one installation per licence.

howard60 17:53 03 May 03

your original machine has died and you just want to install onto a new machine there is no problem in doing that. Your problem is then there is no way of easily finding the cd key. Just to jog your memory have you entered the cd key somewhere for example I always write my cd keys etc in my address book under computer. If you can put the old hard drive in your new pc and read it I seem to remember there are progs out that you can find using google etc that can look at your system and list things such as cd keys etc. Good luck.

billyliv 18:43 03 May 03

Hi, Long time ago when 98 first came out I upgraded. Recently I went to a computer auction, bought a Dell machine with Win 98 SE loaded because a friend wanted a starter M/C. On checking the registry on the Dell M/C the installation keys were identical with my first 98 OS. I am talking a 4 year gap. Cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…