Lost Windows Explorer Connection

bonsainormy 22:17 06 Oct 08

I use windows Vista but possibly by interfering with the security settings I've lost Windows Explorer connection, this restrict access to sites requiring payment with credit cards. On occasions a message appears "No revocation certificate for this site is available".
Meanwhile using Aol, banking access / tranactions are OK.
Can anyone advise on how to restore setting to regain access to Windows Explorer please.

provider 2 22:28 06 Oct 08

I think you mean Internet Explorer:

IE> Tools> Internet Options> Programs> If IE is not the Default Browser> Make Default

Tick Tell me if IE is not the Default Browser.

bonsainormy 09:02 07 Oct 08

Using windows Vista,I can't use "Internet Explorer" to access cetain sites requiring payment by credit card. Often get the message "Revocation Certificate" not available for this site. Meanwhile I can access my bank a/c with AOL.
Can anyone suggest a solution please.

provider 2 12:52 07 Oct 08

Thank you for your reply. I take it this wasn`t what you wanted.

Try this: IE 7> Tools> Internet Options> Advanced . Then scroll down to Security and untick "Check for server certificate revocation"

It is a security measure that can cause a problem if the security certificate has not been renewed. Sometimes, however, they simply forget to do so.

Scroll further down to Phishing Filter and put a dot in "Turn on automatic website checking" if it is not there already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…