Lost Win 7starter Disk, Samsung N145

Ex plorer 09:28 12 Jun 14
Answered

Hi my sons Samsung N145 needs to be reset to factory settings.

He has lost the the Disk so I cant boot up and do the restore.

Can anyone help me with a copy of this Disk or one they no longer need.

Its the Samsung N145 with win 7 starter, the COA key is still visible so I should be OK.

I assume that the disk will also have the drivers on.

I will cover costs of postage etc. mail me by clicking on the green envelope.

onthelimit1 09:58 12 Jun 14

Mech - he says son has lost the disk provided. A copy of someonelse's will work (and be legal) as he has a clear COA.

Ex plorer 10:13 12 Jun 14

onthelimit1 Hi thanks for making it clear for me, win 7 starter will load from a partition on the Hard drive as far as I know, and all I have to do is put original COA in when asked for.

To the Best of my Knowledge. The Disk has to be booted and delete all information and take it back to factory settings and start the win 7 reload from a partition on the hard drive and reload drivers.

wizzboy 10:16 12 Jun 14

try this web site, click here

lotvic 17:32 12 Jun 14

Following on from Jock1e, is there anything on www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/NP-N145-JP01US that would help. It seems that if you can't boot into Windows, pressing F4 when powering up boots it into the recovery.

Ex plorer 18:46 12 Jun 14

Hi in the Samsung folder I found (Samsung recovery solution 5) I ran that and its cleaned up the laptop no end and running quite well.

Good enough for now just clean some programs out and check the disk maybe a deefrag to improve it more.

onthelimit1 08:49 13 Jun 14

Ah, so it did have a recovery partition. However, as jock1e suggests, burn recovery disks as a precaution against hard drive failure.

Ex plorer 13:26 13 Jun 14

Good point jock1e I will do that, thanks to all for advice and links its all been helpful in getting the laptop back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…