Lost WIN 2000 password

tankgirlsmum 18:41 25 Jan 04

My son has just bought a secondhand pc running Win 2000. It worked fine initially, but in attempting to create a new user account (I think, he's vague on the details!)he caused it to open with the user name and password screen. Needless to say, the password the seller gave him doesn't work and he can't get any further.
I've checked on the MS Win 2000 site, which says this can be an insoluble problem (only solution to install system)but I just wondered if any of you geniui might have a clever solution?? Cos of course, no installation disk came with this fantastic bargain..........
Cheers

Diodorus Siculus 00:32 26 Jan 04

a clever solution - buy a new operating system which will be 100% legitimate.

A cheaper solution: do a google search for "lost administrator password" "windows 2000" and work your way through the replies.

hugh-265156 01:02 26 Jan 04

do you have a windows cdrom?

if purchased second hand i would format the disc and reinstall windows 2k.

you can then set passwords and user names afresh.

wawadave 01:07 26 Jan 04

hello
you d/l the ultimate boot disk and use it to delete the admin pass words. it is an iso file that you d/l from ubd and burn to cd and use it to boot the w2k computer and use comand line to finish task. like mentioned do google lots out there on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…