lost "vserver.vxd"..........................HELP

hi all, for xmas i broke my mums puter,oops.
id give her a camera phone and a belkin ifra-red adaptor so she can ir the pics up to the pc,which is a compaq desk pro running win 98,tried to install the floppy for the device......it dont work.........
prios to windows start up on a black screen it says it needs "vserver.vcd" and to insert win 98 2nd edition and it starts, but keeps asking for this "vserver.vcd" file. where can i get it

please help-both my ears are bent..thanks mum

VoG II 17:17 28 Dec 04

AGAIN.........YOUR THE MAN

trying the second aproach first as the first extraction one sounds a bit heavy,if the second doesnt work is the re any way i can d/l the file from my system and disk it over to my mums and install it there, if any one knows its you VoG.

hope santa brought you lots of toys

regards carl

VoG II 17:42 28 Dec 04

You could download a copy click here but it would be better to get it off the Windows CD to ensure that it is the right version.

ok......so its extraction...could you spell it out for me VoG.its a bit heavy

Irishman 18:51 28 Dec 04

Stick the 98 CD in your mums CD drive, click the Start Button and Click search. Point it at the CD Drive and type in whatever you're looking for. When it finds it copy using right click. Then open up the C drive and go to Windows/System and paste it in using right click.I think Windows/System is correct, it's been a while since I looked at 98.

cheers irishman,may be a few days till i get on it.i WILL post again nearer the time

thanks guys

VoG II 18:56 28 Dec 04

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. Type sfc, and then press ENTER.

3. Click Extract one file from installation disk.

4. In the Specify the system file you would like to restore box, type

C:\windows\system\vserver.vxd

5. Click Start, click Browse next to the Restore from box, and then locate the Windows installation files. By default, in the OEM version of Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition the installation files are on the hard disk in the C:\Cabs folder. With a retail full version or upgrade version, you can also insert the Windows installation CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive, and then locate the Windows installation files. The folder is named "Win9x". For example, if your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive is D:, the folder is named "D:\Win9x". For Windows 98, the folder is named D:\Win98.

6. Click OK, and then follow the instructions on the screen.

hi folks,first approach worked until i tried to install the software again,which is working untill i switch off,then i need the win98se disc again

gonna take your advice VoG. and prepare for a mission,thanks for taking the time to spell it out, and sorry i didnt thank you before. only just read the thread properly.could be a week before i get oin it again - have my own bluetooth problems now.thanks again all

Graham ® 21:27 03 Jan 05

Please don't put a lot of ... continuous characters in the subject title, it's not neccessary and mucks things up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…