lost username and password for netgear DG834G

andyman136 10:07 18 Dec 06

i know stupid of me, but i have lost my user name and password for my netgear DG834G modem router. is there anyway to force a return to default settings? i want to had a xbox 360 to my network but can`t without getting at the settings. any help please would be most helpful.

main identity 10:20 18 Dec 06

unless you have changed from default settings it should be in manual or try ringing netgear for help

dms05 10:34 18 Dec 06

If you did change the username and password then reset the router - this will return everything to the factory settings but will mean re-entering all the router settings.

Reset can involve a long press of the reset button (maybe 30 seconds) as you turn the router on. See the manual.

FreeCell 17:59 18 Dec 06

To reset to factory settings press and hold the Default Reset button on the rear panel until the Test LED turns on (about 10 secs). Then release the button.

Default for log-in are "admin" and "password".

andyman136 21:51 20 Dec 06

thanks guys for your help, now just got to get my xbox360 to play ball. it spots my network but fails trying to find the ip address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…