lost user accounts

darn pc 13:15 16 Feb 08

Help ! i have created a limited user account on my laptop which has windows xp media edition ( satalilite p20-531) however i now can't see the user logon screen for my old account. When i turn the computer on it automatically goes to the log on to windows screen with the new account showing.

i have tried entering my old username in the sign on window but there seems to be letters and numbers that are required.

is there anyway i can get to the screen that shows the avaliable user accounts where i just enter my password. (the one that shows the white password box when you click on the use)

any help gratefully received - before my laptop takes it's first flying lesson !

Clapton is God 14:58 16 Feb 08

Control Panel; User Accounts; User Accounts; Change the way users log on or off.

Ensure 'Use the Welcome screen' is ticked

darn pc 11:46 17 Feb 08

Hi there ,

Thanks for replying - i have tried to go into the user accounts on the limited account that i have created but the option is not available as it's a limited account.

i do know the password for the administrator account just it seems that the username is not what i thought it was. Do you know if there is a way of seeing avaliable users from the limited account. or is there any mode i can start the pc in when it would bring up the welcome screen.

Thanks

recap 15:06 17 Feb 08

Try booting to Safe Mode, this may show the welcome screen.

peter99co 15:44 17 Feb 08

Does Log off or switch user work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…