Lost User Account

dads3a 12:10 15 Dec 08

Hi,

The boss has just given me a laptop to have a nosy at.

His user account is missing and he can only log in as an administrator.

I've had a look in Documents and settings to see if there is any files under his name there but nothing.

Anybody any ideas.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:13 15 Dec 08
  Switcher 14:18 15 Dec 08

START >RUN > Control userpasswords2
This will show all accounts and allow you to change their passwords. NB Will only work if signed on as administrator

Switcher 14:21 15 Dec 08

Ooops Think I misunderstood your post.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:23 15 Dec 08

Logon Name Not in Task Manager or Under Documents & Settings

When the Welcome screen is appears, the names that are displayed do not match any of the names of users' folders under the Documents and Settings
folder or any of the names on the Users tab in Task Manager.

This behavior may occur if you have changed the name of the account in the
User Accounts tool in Control Panel. By doing so, the new name appears on the Welcome screen, but the actual account name remains the same. The folders under the Documents and Settings folder and the names that are listed in Task Manager show the actual account name.

To resolve this behavior, if the display name for a user account has been changed, you can find out which account the new display name belongs to by
logging on as that user, starting Task Manager, and then clicking the Users tab.

The user account that is marked as active is the one that is currently in use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…