lost use of system restore

Cant.think.of.a.username 22:09 19 Sep 06

I seem to have lost the use of the system restore on my windows XP. Also the help and surport and search functions don't work. I have tried using safe mode and scanning with several virus and spyware programs but all say I am clear. Should I just reinstall ? I have the disc

Any help would be great as not sure if I am doing the right thing.

Many thanks

Press Man 23:08 19 Sep 06

For the system restore problem, go to control panel and open System. you will a system restore tab, click on the tab and tick the box to turn off system restore. This will delete any restore points there are, then re-boot. once re-booted turn on system restore and see if you can make a restore point. For the other issue try running sfc, do this by clicking start then run, in the run box type, sfc /scannow, must have a space after sfc. Have your XP disc ready as you will probably need it. Hope this helps.

woodchip 23:15 19 Sep 06

You could Start with your XP CD then run Repair. Not the one through the Consol

Cant.think.of.a.username 23:20 19 Sep 06

Many thanks Press Man. I reinstalled before you replied. All working fine ( I think ) now. Thanks for for help anyway. I have kept a note.

Cant.think.of.a.username 23:21 19 Sep 06

and to you,woodchip !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced