lost usb connections

gt10 10:36 05 Oct 03

Have recently up graded to XP from 98, have re-installed all drives and software, but have found that the usb connections appear not to be working.
The computer system has not recognised the scanner, external zip drive or digital camera hardware. Have checked that the software has all been loaded, at a loss.

MichelleC 10:49 05 Oct 03

What yellows are there in device manager?

spuds 13:12 05 Oct 03

Did a similar conversion from WME to XP and found some of my USB devices, where not recognised.Eventually overcame this with a self powered 4 port USB hub, which seemed to solve the problem, with the non-recognised devices. Not saying this will work for you, but it did for me.

SEASHANTY 13:50 05 Oct 03

Just a note. If you install USB 2.0 on a PCI card you need to have Windows XP update patch SP1 also installed. The basic version of XP did not contain the USB2 drivers. Have not had any problems with USB1 altho mine wasn't an upgrade from 98SE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…