lost translator icon

geedad 09:30 AM 15 Aug 11

Windows 7 Home Premium. I have been using a very useful translator icon which was at the top of my screen, but is now nowhere to be seen! It just had the word 'Translator' - click on this and choose a language.I have not changed anything in my set up, so what could have happened?

geedad

Woolwell 10:24 AM 15 Aug 11

Are you referring to translate within your browser? This icon appears as part of the Google toolbar.

geedad 12:10 PM 15 Aug 11

Woolwell If I right-click on the Google logo, there is an option to use "Translate this page", which is not what I want. My old logo gave me the option of choosing between many languages. I just cannot understand where that has gone, I have not changed anything at all. It just had the single name "Translator". I have not changed my VirginMedia Home page,so it's a mystery! Thanks again for your input. geedad

geedad 12:21 PM 15 Aug 11

Woolwell!!!!!! Got it bak! I just right-clicked on the very top of the screen, and there was a host of items for me to choose from including ..... Translator!! Ny the way, the icon that shows at the top of the sceen now is called "Tools". I am sorry that I could not exactly remember what it was called, so that's where it has been hiding! Thank you again for your help. geedad

geedad 12:21 PM 15 Aug 11

Woolwell!!!!!! Got it bak! I just right-clicked on the very top of the screen, and there was a host of items for me to choose from including ..... Translator!! Ny the way, the icon that shows at the top of the sceen now is called "Tools". I am sorry that I could not exactly remember what it was called, so that's where it has been hiding! Thank you again for your help. geedad

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED