Lost tracks in Media Monkey

hawthorn59 23:49 07 Jul 08

Hi

This may not be a Media Monkey problem as such, prob applies to any player, and its of my own making.

I added all my music files to Media Monkey, having just downloaded it, and it seems great.

Tonight some tracks wont play, they appear greyed out. I did reorganize my music today, and moved stuff into different folders, so maybe its something to do with the location.

If I select one of these songs, it just skips it and plays the next one.

I tried opening a particular song by browsing to the folder and clicking on it and nothing happens.

h

hawthorn59 00:26 08 Jul 08

I think it was because I moved the music into a different folder. I had to set it to rescan the folder. Thats a bit of a pain, is it the same in WMP and iTunes?

I suppose one wouldnt often be moving your music around, so it shouldnt be a problem any more. I am always confused as to where music is stored.

If I rip a CD where does it go? Or can I tell it where to go? Would it be better to just let everything reside in My Music folder?

h

MCE2K5 00:48 08 Jul 08

As WMP is part of the OS, Providing you have WMP Open, It will follow your music wherever you put it, Folder to Folder, Drive to Drive (It does on my Media Center 2005 XPPRO PC.

Don't know about iTunes or Media Monkey, Never used them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac