Lost Toshiba Recovery Disk

coolteentom 21:14 15 Sep 05

Hi,

I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro A10, and have stupidly lost one of the two Satellite Recovery Disks, which reformat and set up the computer to its original state.

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything I can do to get the same effect as the CD?

Thanks, tom

GaT7 22:28 15 Sep 05

You could order a replacement through a Toshiba Authorised Reseller click here. G

De Marcus™ 22:32 15 Sep 05

Been there, got the T-shirt, there isn't any other way around this other paying for the replacement or buying xp itself. Toshiba certainly isn't cheap for replacement CD's.

GaT7 23:24 15 Sep 05

This thread over at the Toshiba forum may help/interest you: Software reinstallation without recovery CD! click here. See answers given by Quad.

Let us know how much they're charging for a replacement recovery CD. You may be able to get a genuine Windows OEM disk (WinXP Home I'm assuming?) for not much more. G

GaT7 00:05 16 Sep 05

Another option would be to contact Toshiba using their call back facility (UK only link) click here, which operates Monday-Friday 8am to 6pm, or, calling their UK Tech Support on 0870 4448936. G

coolteentom 00:29 17 Sep 05

Thanks for the info, will check it out.

tom

coolteentom 21:01 19 Sep 05

Just got an email back from Toshiba support with the following message:

"Dear Tom

The recovery discs can be freely downloaded from our website click here."

Which seems very promising, except I can't find the download anywhere. Does anyone have any idea where I can find these?

Cheers, tom

GaT7 21:23 19 Sep 05

Tom, I cannot find them either. Try calling them or use the call back facility (details above). G

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:24 19 Sep 05

Inout you make model and search from click here

GaT7 21:28 19 Sep 05

Fruit Bat, already tried that to no avail. Also entered recovery in the search box & it comes up with nothing. G

coolteentom 21:33 19 Sep 05

Ok cheers for help, I'll get them to ring back tommorrow and give me the info

tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced