Lost the thread!!!!

Bald Eagle 17:41 20 Mar 04

Once again I have "lost" a reply I have made to a thread on a site. What happens is:- I type a reply and move my mouse to the right to tick the "send" box. I inadvertently press a "clicker" on the left of my mouse which scrolls back a page, when I go forward again to the page I was typing on the message has gone. Is this typing stored somewhere on my computer so that I can reclaim it? Otherwise this mouse is going to the big mousehole in the sky!!!

cycoze 17:47 20 Mar 04

If you have hit a `Back` button , then unfortunatly you have lost the text .

Stuartli 18:00 20 Mar 04

Take your finger(s) off the mouse and move it by the body - then you can left or right click as necessary once the pointer is correctly positioned.....:-)

You could try adjusting the mouse properties from Control Panel to, in effect, slow down its response.

Stuartli 18:01 20 Mar 04

Sometimes you will find that if you use Back a second time you will come across the page on which you were typing. You can then attempt to send it again.

woodchip 18:19 20 Mar 04

try the other side button or use the back arrow above

IClaudio 18:32 20 Mar 04

Before moving anything, I always Select all the text and then ctrl-C.

Forum Editor 18:34 20 Mar 04

you could do what a lot of people do - type into a word processor (like Wordpad) and then copy and paste your text into the forum box.

Bald Eagle 23:40 20 Mar 04

Cheers folk, the post was "on the hoof" when I lost it. Normally I type in notepad copy and paste, which will now be the norm. Thanks for the replies.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…