Lost text when printing website pages

Trikie 14:05 26 Oct 03

Why do I often lose the last few right hand side words when printing from the web? I use Internet Explorer and XP.

Is it possible to adjust something somehow?

recap 14:17 26 Oct 03

The best way I have found is to select the text that you want to print and paste it in Word. Once you have it in Word you can then edit the text as you want it.

Djohn 14:30 26 Oct 03

It is a problem that most people have, something to do with the way a web page is scaled to fit the screen and therefore not all printers will catch the last inch or so of the right-hand side.

Those that have a Canon printer are lucky in that the software will place a Canon printer Icon on the IE toolbar and this is optimised to adjust and capture all the page and print it as seen. Below is from the Canon install file. More sites are now offering an option to click on an Icon to display a print version of the site, switching to this just before printing will print the full page. J.

Welcome to Canon Easy-WebPrint, a plug-in for Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5
and 6.0. Canon Easy-WebPrint places a toolbar on the Internet Explorer window to
enable print-outs that are scaled to fit completely inside the page, rather than
being cut off along the right-hand side.

Trikie 19:02 26 Oct 03

Thanks Recap - I've tried this and sometimes it works but other times I still lose the right edge.

It gets worse - I have just tried copying a screen print into Works and it comes up with 2 images across the page width. The first half is the website screen and the second is my own menu screen.

Even if the copy over works it is very laborious when I want to print a lot of text.

VoG II 19:05 26 Oct 03

File/Page Setup and change orientation to Landscape.

A_World_Maker 19:14 26 Oct 03

On my epson printer, I have a 'scale to fit page' function, it works for me

Trikie 20:58 26 Oct 03

Thanks everyone.

Fortunately I have an Epson printer and have since tried the 'fit to page' - it seems to work 50% of the time.

Using Landscape does it 100%.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…