Lost Temporary folder

lintony 11:50 23 Jul 04

I have been downloading some files, which have gone to my temporary folder. I cannot seem to find this folder. I have done a search but it doesn't show up. Can anyone help?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 23 Jul 04

Temporay folders can be set in all sorts of places c:\Temp c:\windows\temp c:\documents and settings\your account name\local settings\temp alot of which are hidden folders. so unless you in explore folder options- view - show hidden files selected you won't find them.

try searching for the name of the file you downloaded, rather than the folder name.

lintony 13:50 24 Jul 04

I'm pretty much a novice. Can you tell me how to do this?

jonnytub 13:55 24 Jul 04

open my computer, click on the tools tab then folder options, click on the view tab, scroll down to hidden files and folders, untick do not show hidden files and folders, untick do not show hidden or system files and then tick on show hidden files and folders. Make sure the box for apply to all folders is clicked on then hit ok. Do the search

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…