Lost Task Bar

Coaster3 20:54 25 Feb 03

Can anyone tell me how to get my Task Bar back please. It has completely disappeared.

Windows XP Pro.

powerless 20:58 25 Feb 03

Move your mouse near the where the taskbar should be and it should pop up.

Failing that Control panel > Taskbar and start Menu > Autohide the Task bar - untick it

Coaster3 21:01 25 Feb 03

I can't get to the control panel because my Task Bar is gone completely and has taken the Start Button with it.

he he :-) 21:05 25 Feb 03

does moving ur mouse over where the takbar not work? if it does right click and go to properties and untick auto hide taskbar

he he :-) 21:06 25 Feb 03

and failing that take ur mouse to the bottom of the scree and if it turns into an arrow pull the mouse up.

powerless 21:07 25 Feb 03

Hit your windows key on your keyboard. Navigate to control panel from there.

he he :-) 21:08 25 Feb 03

never thought of that.

powerless 21:12 25 Feb 03

he he :-)

cream. 21:12 25 Feb 03

Did you move it deliberately i.e. pushed it down with the mouse. Or did it just vanish?

Have you considered the possibility that the screen area has enlarged. What I mean is have you tried bringing up the bottom of the screen through the monitor controls.

cream. 21:14 25 Feb 03

Excellent idea. lol

Coaster3 21:21 25 Feb 03

Never thought of the windows key. Have got it back now but it only stays if I show the quicklaunch bar.

It all started with click here

I very much obliged to you all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…