lost systray icons

simon17 12:51 17 Oct 04

Some (but not all) of the icons for open apllications no longer appear in my systray. Is thera ny way to get them to return?

feb 14:16 17 Oct 04

what system are you using and do you mean the area by the clock?

Friday's Child 14:30 17 Oct 04

Have you got two little arrows just to the left of the ones that do appear?

I was puzzled by the same thing until I found out that once you get above a certain number of icons windows hides the extra ones but that you can show them temporarilly by clicking the arrows.

VoG II 14:38 17 Oct 04

If you want to get them all back click here

Then right click taskbar, Properties and untick Hide Inactive Icons.

THE TERMINATOR 15:24 17 Oct 04

Right click the taskbar and choose properties, choose customise and change the behaviour for your missing icons to always show....T

simon17 16:22 17 Oct 04

I've tried all of the above, but they still do not show

feb 16:29 17 Oct 04

click here and scroll down to "Icons - Notification Area - Missing"

reddwarfcrew 16:32 17 Oct 04
  bretsky 17:19 17 Oct 04

Look at this click here

bretsky ;0)

simon17 17:28 17 Oct 04

The suggestion from feb of disabling uPnP and SSDP discovery at start up seems to have worked (This appears similar to bretsky's suggestion as well). In addition, another application that was failing to initialize now appears to launch successfully.
Should I expect any problems from having taken these actions?

bretsky 13:56 18 Oct 04

Not knowing what your system comprises of, if you do experience any problems just reset the upnp and ssup services.

It is a known fact that xp has a "bug" in the system tray, not all my ions appear at boot up even though system say the apps are running, and sometimes I have to reboot to get them to show or go to task manager to end the app and then restart it, and then it dutifully appears in the tray, a pain I know.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…