Lost System Restore - Help

johndrew 14:28 18 Feb 06

I have recently been experiencing problems and today went to restore my system to an earlier time. When I sellected the restore point and pressed Next nothing happened.

I opened My Computer to attemt to see if I could identify any cause in the System Restore but the tab was not present.

Can anyone suggest a way forward please?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:32 18 Feb 06

you can try re-installing System Restore. Insert your Windows XP CD in the CD drive. Then go to Start>Run and type in the following command:

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf

Click OK

Notes:
Watch the spaces in the above command. There is a space before advpack and before C:\Windows\Inf\sr.inf. Suggest you highlight and copy the line and paste it into the Run box.

G

VoG II 14:32 18 Feb 06
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:35 18 Feb 06

I opened My Computer to attemt to see if I could identify any cause in the System Restore but the tab was not present.

There is no tab in My Computer for system restore!

Check that system restor is NOT switched off

Control panel -SYSTEM - system restore Tab - box must NOT be ticked.

johndrew 14:43 18 Feb 06

Now I`m really confused!! I did a restart and the tab is back in System Properties. Should I still do as you suggest in case it`s broken?

VoG™

Thanks for the link, it seems to recommend the same as GANDALF <|:-)>.

Fruit Bat /\0/
Sorry I should have said My Computer>Properties>System Properties.

johndrew 19:48 21 Feb 06

I`m not sure if you picked up my last posting to this thread. Please can you advise me?
Sorry if I appear insistant. Thanks for your help.

961 19:53 21 Feb 06

Can you confirm your system is Windows XP?

VoG II 19:55 21 Feb 06

If System Restore is working and the tab is present if you right click My Computer and select Properties then you don't need to do anything.

johndrew 20:13 21 Feb 06

Yes I am running XP Pro.

Thanks VoG I shall keep note of all the advice offered in case it happens again, but I can confirm that the tab is present in System Properties. I`d like to know where it went and why but I guess that will remain a mystery - at least to me. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac