Lost System Restore function

wonderwill 21:14 26 Jun 05

It appears I have deleted some files and I cannot run System Restore. The screen just comes up blank. Is there anyway I can restore other than through System Tools?

VoG II 21:16 26 Jun 05
  VoG II 21:18 26 Jun 05
  wonderwill 10:43 30 Jun 06

Can you help me re register jscropt.dll and vbscript.dll as the microsoft site description does not seem to be there. I have checked the registry entries and they are ok. This relates to response previously 26 May 05

VoG II 10:47 30 Jun 06

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type
regsvr32 jscript.dll
and then click OK.

3. Click OK.

4. Click Start, and then click Run.

5. In the Open box, type
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
and then click OK.

6. Click OK.

If either of the files do not register as expected, or if you receive an error message, the system file may be missing or damaged. To extract the missing file in Microsoft Windows XP, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK.

3. Click Expand File.

4. In the File to restore box, type the name of the file that you want to restore.

5. In the Restore from box, type the path of the Windows XP .cab file where you want to restore the file, or click Browse From to locate the Windows XP .cab file.

Note The Windows XP .cab files are stored in the I386 folder on the Windows XP CD.

6. In the Save file in box, type the path where you want to extract the new file, or click Browse To to locate the folder that you want.

7. Click Expand.

8. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click OK. If you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

wonderwill 11:09 30 Jun 06

I do not have a windows xp disc and have tried all the solutions but still getting a blank box in restore and the classic windows media problem. Any other source for the jscript.dll & VBscript.dll? Or another solution?

VoG II 11:31 30 Jun 06

Try click here - another file to register.

Or click here to reinstall SR.

jscript.dll click here

vbscript.dll click here

wonderwill 11:53 30 Jun 06

TVM Vog replaced the dll files in Windows/sys and has done the business

epicure 17:47 02 Nov 06

could someone please help me to restore my "system restore" tool.
when i try to use it i get the following alert notice
"rstrul.exe - unable to locate component. this application failed to start because Framedyn.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem"
my OS is Windows XP Home my pc is a dell dimension 8400. everything else works fine.

epicure 14:30 03 Nov 06

fixed by dell software support. excellent people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…