//some 3rd party need geo

lost subscription renewal on system restore

mec13 21:20 06 Mar 05

I recently renewed my subscribtion to Nortons 'live up-date' for another year(£20 and not without problems, but thats another story) I downloaded some silly trail programe from a magazine cd, had a go, and got it all wrong, decided to uninstall it. It would not uninstall so I thought system restore to an earlier time. But! that lost me my live update renewal subscription(£20)so back to original state with updated live update, but silly cd programne which I can't get rid of. You will of course notice my level of computer knowledge is a bit under par. Trying to delete gives me all sorts of warnings which has stopped me pressing the 'delete' button.

Diodorus Siculus 08:30 07 Mar 05

It might be time to uninstall Norton AV and go for one of the free options. Avast or AVG are excellent and free.

sattman 10:19 07 Mar 05

All you need to do is remove norton in add remove programs, then re-intstall and it should update your subscription automatically.

mec13 17:42 07 Mar 05

Its alright saying remove Norton, when I've already paid my renewal, but its a thought for maybe next time. Sattman I actually went onto symantec sight and followed their instuctions, as per your suggestion and it worked. I just needed sound advice from a more knowlegdable source (yourself)to confirm it was the right way to go, Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…