Lost Sound

ukhomerj2003 06:58 31 Jul 07

All of a sudden my PC has lost all the sound. I have checked COntrol Panel and nothing is muted, and all the cables are soundly located in the back of the computer and speakers, as the machine has not moved an inch.

Any help is greatly received.

zeppman 07:53 31 Jul 07

Right click on My computer and click manage then click Device manager and look for sound.Open fully and see If you have any yellow ? marks might be a problem with your drivers.If so try reinstalling from disc If you have one.

ukhomerj2003 18:48 31 Jul 07

Everything is clean, no yellow questions marks to be seen anywhere!!

ukhomerj2003 22:13 31 Jul 07

Tried with headphones, not working either.

Totally at a loss here with this one.

Taff™ 11:13 01 Aug 07

In Device Manager right click the audio and select properties. On the driver tab select "Roll Back Driver" If there is a driver available it will revert to the earlier version. Reboot if there is one.

birdface 11:18 01 Aug 07

Try Control. Panel.Administrative Tools..Services. Scroll down to Windows Audio and make sure it is set to automatic.Also make sure that it is enabled in the BIOS.Someone will be able to tell you how to check the Bios for this problem.

ukhomerj2003 14:20 01 Aug 07

Roll back resolved the issue.

Many thanks

Taff™ 10:01 02 Aug 07

That`s because a recent optional Microsoft software update for the sound card doesn`t work! When you next go to Windows updates you`ll see it again. Click the plus sign next to it and tick the box that says "Don`t show me this again"!

Tick for resolved maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…