Lost Sound

Leehndrsn 13:17 05 Nov 06

I'm having problems with my sound, using WMP 11 I can listen to music fine with no problems however I get no sound from windows such as shutting down/starting up etc and also no sound when on internet, I have an Aureon 5.1 Fun card installed, drivers reinstalled for that and the AC 97 audio...could one be clashing with the other as its a stand alone sound card? Heard nothing while using the test directsound in dxdiag also.

Thanks Lee

Trackrat 13:21 05 Nov 06

Have you tried accessing the BIOS and disabling the onboard sound to see if that cures your problem.

Leehndrsn 14:27 05 Nov 06

Will try it thanks

Leehndrsn 14:47 05 Nov 06

Disabled it, still same problem, get sound from WMP but nothing else

Leehndrsn 19:40 05 Nov 06

Any ideas? Also no sound on video's from Pc Zone disc

Stuartli 19:48 05 Nov 06

In Control Panel, have you checked Sounds and Audio Devices' Properties and the configuration for each tab?

Also check on the Volume tab that Sound hasn't been Muted...:-)

In addition, if you Enable Volume icon for the Taskbar you can check that required elements are all Enabled, including CD player etc.

Stuartli 19:49 05 Nov 06

Does the Aureon 5.1 Fun card have a Control Panel?

Leehndrsn 20:00 05 Nov 06

Everything has been checked and where applicable set to use the sound card, where will i find option to enable sound on taskbar? something I have never used before...It has a control panel yes, nothing is set to mute and volume's are at max. As I said I can play music in WMP 11 so something is working but nothing else will play sound...It's driving me mad

Leehndrsn 20:16 05 Nov 06

Ok have it on taskbar now, everything enabled and not muted

skidzy 20:30 05 Nov 06

Now that the onboard sound is disabled in the bios,have you tried loading the sound card drivers again from the disc ?

Leehndrsn 20:51 05 Nov 06

I have yes, even removed the card and re installed drivers...however I now get no sound at all not even WMP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…