Lost some data, can anyone help?

oo7juk 20:50 01 May 05

Hi there,

Recently done a clean install of Win xp home SP2. But for some reason a large amount of data that was on my slave drive has gone missing. I previously had win xp home SP1 installed.

Any ideas.

Many thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:14 01 May 05

Drive Rescue click here

file_recovery click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here

Buchan 35 23:27 01 May 05

Yr Drive Rescue came up as `url not found`

VoG II 23:33 01 May 05
  oo7juk 00:43 02 May 05

Don't know if this info helps, but

Prior to my clean install I had two HD's a 'c' drive and a 'D; drive.

After new install my old 'd' drive has been labelled 'c' drive abd my old 'D' drive had been labellled 'F; drive.

After clean install all the windows system files etc has been copied to my new 'F' drive which has become my technically my 'C; drive.

Does this help?

Thanks.

THE TERMINATOR 00:55 02 May 05

what you say above is puzzling cos by that statement you had a 'd' and a 'D' drive! If what you mean is that your old 'C' drive is now your 'D' drive and your old 'D' drive is now your 'F' drive, with your O/S on it then I would assume all the data that was on it has been written over, and is lost.

THE TERMINATOR 01:02 02 May 05

You could try click here also

Chegs ® 05:01 02 May 05

click here

I have tried several recovery apps(PC Inspector/Drive Rescue,etc)but by far the best I have ever used is File Scavanger.Last weekend,I completely lost several Gbs of data(jpg's,exe's,Images of HDD,etc)when a dual-boot(linux+XP install)went completely titsup,and I had to format/partition ALL 3 HDD's and reinstall XP.I then used this app to recover all my data,which still worked(the apps still loaded,the pics were still viewable,only snag was hundreds of pics with no identification text,requiring manually sorting into seperate catagory folders)even the HDD images(at 2+Gbs each)could still be "mounted" as a "virtual" partition,and the data copied from within.

Its not a freebie,but worth every penny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…