Lost Slave Drive

silliw 19:03 26 Mar 04

Running XP pro on asus a7v8x with West Dig 80G Master drive and West Dig 20G slave on primary IDE.

Had problem with PC and resorted to a reformat of master drive. XP now installed but cannot see slave drive in explorer. Can see slave in Bios and device manager. Used computer management in admin tools which reports master drive (C) of 80G and a slave (no drive letter) as 20G. If I right click the slave area all options are greyed out.

How do get Xp to see the slave so that I can access iT

thanks all

billyliv 20:08 26 Mar 04

Hi, Just a thought. If you cant see a drive letter in Disk management in Administrative tools you may have to format your slave. Right click on it (In disk management) if you want to format. Hope you havent got anything important on it. Someone may come up with another method which isnt so drastic. Cheers, Bill

silliw 14:54 27 Mar 04

Forgot that I had Norton Goback managing both drives before I reformatted C: . Have reinstalled Goback and my slave drive has re- appeared.

thanks
for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…