lost right mouse click options

pete-290318 07:13 07 Jun 04

when I "right click" on the desktop or in an open folder, I no longer get the options to " send to" or the "create new folder"

Does anyone know how to get these options back or why this may have happend because I havent installed or deleted anything that I can think of.
I'm running ME.

thanks

pete-290318 07:40 07 Jun 04

sorry....

the "send to" option is there ....

its just the create or open new folder option that has dissappeared ...

Diodorus Siculus 07:46 07 Jun 04

Do you have TweakUI installed? That will give options for what is available via the right click. If you don't have it, you can find it on Microsoft.com.

pete-290318 13:11 07 Jun 04

bump

Diodorus Siculus 13:48 07 Jun 04

No tweakUI then?

pete-290318 18:58 07 Jun 04

sorry diodorus...

yes I downloaded tweakui and clicking the "new" tab brings a list of the programs that should be accessed by the right click or the "file" menu.

however, If I right click the desktop or go to file in an open existing folder the "new" option is not there.

also when I am downloading and get the option to save to my documents and click on the new folder icon, nothing happens.

I dont know what file or reg entry governs the "new" option but it was working on friday and not on sunday and all I have done is install a game. uninstalling has made no difference and I wouldnt have thought a game installation would have affected this option.

Any ideas as I'm lost

pete

pete-290318 22:26 07 Jun 04

looks like nobody has had this problem before ...

Its driving me mad coz there must be some setting that has changed but I dont know the file that gives the options on the toolbar, or is it just something in a program that I'll never find ...

this is last bump before closing and reformatting coz I cant organise anything without opening a new folder and at the moment I'm reduced to copying an existing folder, renaming it and then deleting the contents to form a new empty folder.

thanks for any help
pete

pete-290318 01:21 08 Jun 04

formatted drive. all ok now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…