Lost Qualifying Product – M$ Publisher ‘97

wee eddie 17:57 03 Nov 04

Two years ago I upgraded from M$ Office ’97 and M$ Publisher ’97 to M$ Office XP and M$ Publisher XP.

The IBM Aptiva which I then used ran W98se on a K600 processor, died last week.

A new workhorse has been put together for me by a local company called MMTIW, a very basic PC running Windows XP etc.

When I came to install M$ Publisher XP, I could not find the original disk set and the Upgrade Version would not install as I did not have the Qualifying Product. I have the M$ Office ’97 set so there was no problem there.

Now I hold no particular brief for M$ Publisher but need to run my copy of it, as I have a considerable quantity of material, in current use, stored as .pub files.

What I hope to find out is:

Can one procure an old copy of this software and run it as the Qualifying Product?

If so:

How? Where? How much?

Any other useful hints would be really appreciated.

Diodorus Siculus 19:54 03 Nov 04

Publisher 2000 will also suffice as an upgrade product and is easier to find - I was searching for it last week during a false alarm. Google will find you a copy easily.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:09 03 Nov 04

Just had a look on eBay. Many examples of MS Publisher 98 for just a few pounds.

wee eddie 15:52 19 Dec 04

That should solve the problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…