Lost programe on a vista lap top computer

lpasso 12:14 08 Sep 10

I have a lap top vista and now it seems that I have lost the programe HP solutions center, its the one whjere I can scan a document etc, any ideas how to get it back think it may have been uninstalled by accident, many thanks if anyone could help me

Woolwell 12:20 08 Sep 10

How long has it been missing. If recent a system restore should bring it back.

MAJ 12:24 08 Sep 10

Or try reinstalling your, scanner/all in one, software.

lpasso 14:03 08 Sep 10

Thanks a lot for your help, I have restored my system to an earlier date and it has returned. The only thing now is each time I put the computer on and it comes up to all the short cuts it says in a box 'This future you are trying to use is on a network resorce that is unavailable, then when you ckick ok it then says ' An installation package for this product solution centre cannot be found, you click ok then it says parsing error in file then you click ok and it goes. Any idears how to rectify this problum thanks very much if you can help

Woolwell 14:23 08 Sep 10

I suspect that you may have changed more than HP Solutions Center. It would seem that the shortcuts (I assume to programs) have become corrupted. Are those programs still present? You may have to delete the bad shortcuts and create new ones.

lpasso 16:20 08 Sep 10

Thanks I will have another look at it, I think I only went into programes and then by accident deleted the HP solution centre, my fault!!!!!, did not though create new ones, thanks again, may be more I could do!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…