Lost Printer

Dannyb 13:35 24 Dec 03

I have tried to print something today only to find that a message pops up to say that I have to install a printer. (It's been there for months and working normally). However, when I try to add a new printer I get a message "Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources. The print subsystem is unavailable" In control panel I have no printer shown. I can't understand what has happened here. Can anyone help me please?

bremner 13:38 24 Dec 03

If you have XP I would start by doing a system restore to when you know all was well

Dannyb 13:43 24 Dec 03

Wish I could but I have Windows 200 Pro

Dannyb 13:44 24 Dec 03

Make that 2000

Dannyb 15:03 24 Dec 03

Spooky, I thought I would try a re-boot and lo and behold, my printer now shows up under 'printers' in control panel, and works!! I don't think I will ever understand the mysteries of the PC.....

Diemmess 17:14 24 Dec 03

Time after time over the years I have found it better to restart from scratch, than struggle when Windows gets silly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…