lost pictures

I recently burnt some wedding photos on to a cd using Nero express. I have been told since that I should have used the Data format, but unfortunately I chose Video/pictures. I now can't access the photos because nothing seems to recognise the format. Is there anything that will recognise them or is there any way I can copy them back on to the HD and change the format.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Frank.

hugh-265156 17:01 23 Mar 04

what file extension do they have .jpeg .tiff etc?

what happened to the original files on your pc or camera , they must still be somewhere unless you deleted them (yes u can get them back)

when u burn something to a cd the original always stays on the hdd.

I've managed to copy them back onto the HD and they have a .dat extention. Sadly I have removed the originals from the camera and the HD.
Frank

britto 18:34 23 Mar 04

If you have not taken more pictures with the camera you may be able to recover them let us know.

Wes Tam ;-) 19:03 23 Mar 04

Doesn't the .dat extension indicate that you burnt the pictures as data?

To view pictures via a DVD player surely they should be .jpeg files?

britto 20:03 23 Mar 04

When you burn a vcd with nero it burns the files as .dat files so they play on most stand alone dvd players,To keep a copy of the orignal jpg files on the same disc you have to put a tick in the Store Source Pictures box on the compilation page before you burn the disc.These then can be viewed on any computer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…