LOST PHOTOS DUE TO FORMAT OF HARD DISK

Tabatha 12:30 06 Feb 06

Hi

I've got a sad tale to tell.

Unfortunately my son formatted our hard disk due to lack of space, and in the process I lost some valuable photo's as he didn't back anything up.

I've tried various trial companies software, promising to find such photo's, but have been unlucky, with some of them being just unreadable files.

I'm just wondering if there is anyone out there who could help me...

It's so devastating when something like this happens; some things are irreplacable

Thanks so much

Graham ® 12:37 06 Feb 06

Until a solution is found, do not save anything else, as this may overwrite some photos.

xania 13:09 06 Feb 06

I know its possibly too late now, but for the future, always back up important files to a second media - you never know if your HHD might fail, and then you can expect a hefty bill for a company to get those files back. Also, check back up files from time to time - there's now some serious debate about just how long CDs and DVD's, especially the re-writable ones, will actually hold the data.

LANDCRUISER 13:11 06 Feb 06

Hi tabatha, try going to QVC.UK look for their software section they ussally have a program called DONT PANIC this will get your photos back & it wont cost the earth, good luck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:11 06 Feb 06

File recovery :-
Badcopy Pro click here
file_recovery click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here
Testdisc click here
Drive Rescue click here

try disc rescue first

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…