Lost photo album, can I get it back?

verbascum 18:37 27 Sep 05

I have winXP & psp5. Having processed several photos in PSP & saved to album in my docs. I clicked on "save" for another photo & the whole album disappeared. Something similar has happened before but that only shifted 2 albums from my docs to the desktop so can still get at them. The one that is lost completely I would like to get back if possible, do not have a clue how to start looking, any help appreciated.

Totally-braindead 18:45 27 Sep 05

Try using the search facility for any pics and see if it can find them, presuming they are still there somewhere.

alan227 18:51 27 Sep 05

Have you tried a system restore.

sinbad1 19:03 27 Sep 05

try star/search and select photo's see what comes up

GaT7 19:18 27 Sep 05

alan227, unfortunately System Restore cannot help recover data files. In these kinds of situations don't we wish it did?!

"How is System Restore different from Backup?

A. System Restore monitors only a core set of specified system and application file types (e.g. .exe, .dll etc), while Backup Utility typically backs up all files including users personal data files, ensuring a safe copy stored either on the local disk or to another medium. System Restore does not monitor changes to or recover users' personal data files such as documents, graphics, e-mail, and so on. While system data contained in System Restore's restore points are available to restore to for only a limited period (restore points older than 90 days are deleted by default), backups made by the Backup Utility can be recovered at any time." - from click here. G

alan227 23:21 27 Sep 05

Thanks for that information Crossbow7.

wee eddie 23:35 27 Sep 05

Your "Save" has almost certainly saved the photies, but elsewhere.

First try this: Start > My Computer > Local Disk > Program Files > psp5.

Second try: Start > Search > All files and Folders > add name of folder/file

hssutton 23:44 27 Sep 05

Or download picassa which locates all photos on a particular drive

johnnyrocker 23:47 27 Sep 05

and more

johnny.

jack 10:14 28 Sep 05

Yes pPicassa or Irfanview both free downloads

Also go to search /All filed and folders
and name the document *.jpg
That is asterisk dot jpg - this will locate all
Jpg files.
Then do another search this time *.psp
and this will locate psp[album files]

verbascum 21:19 29 Sep 05

Your advise was very helpfull to this computer illiterate. The option 2 from "wee eddie" was what worked for me. The folder was soon found as a sub folder in a totally unrelated topic. Many thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…