Lost Password

Rubroy 22:24 13 Apr 03

Once more into the breach..... Help! I had some clever children staying over a few days ago and thought it wise to change the content advisor ratings in Internet Options. I never use this file usually as I am the only user of the machine. Any way, you guessed it - I chose a temporary silly password, entered the 'hint' box and went merrily on my way, forgetting to write
the password down. Now I need to change the settings back and can't remember the darn thing. The hint I made doesn't help either!

Short of reinstalling OE (and can I do that without reinstalling Windows {XP}) is there any way round this that anyone knows?

armageddon_outta_here 22:30 13 Apr 03

we could try to guess your password, if you tell us the hint!

cycoze 23:05 13 Apr 03
  Belatucadrus 23:12 13 Apr 03

click here for some password recovery programs, one may be suitable for what you want to do.
Say how do we know you aren't one of the "Clever Children" ? we could be torpedoing some harassed parents attempt at security. Oh dear.

Rubroy 15:28 08 May 03

I finally got out of the hole by trying all the combinations I could think of. It took about half an hour but I got there - and NO, I am not one of the kids, though I guess you could have been right at that! Thanks to everyone for trying.

_Treb_ 15:39 08 May 03

Poor deluded man. Best of luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…