lost partition external

picklsey 16:57 23 Apr 05

have i lost my data getting this message when i try to access g drive which is a partition on a western dig. external harddrive...g:\ is not accessable.

the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable.

i was burning my home movies when i got a message telling me i had a problem with the burn so i tried to go into g/drive to check the files and got the above message.any ideas or will i have to format the partition,there,s no problem with the other partition on the same drive.xp home sp2.thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 23 Apr 05

Operating system?

Partition NTFS or FAT32?

Drive Rescue click here

picklsey 17:06 23 Apr 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
thanks for reply xphome ntfs.will check out drive rescue and post back.thanks again.

picklsey 17:08 23 Apr 05

Fruit Bat /\0/...it says ntfs is incomplete will it be safe to use.

picklsey 17:24 23 Apr 05

tried d/rescue all i get is prog.not responding any other ideas please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:58 23 Apr 05

WD Data lifeguard click here

Badcopy Pro click here
file_recovery click here
R_Studio click here
Easyrecovery click here

picklsey 06:53 28 Apr 05

Fruit Bat /\0/
sorry for taking so long to get back it appears i have lost the lot,i have backups of my important stuff.the h/d i am using for my external was in my old pc and i put it in a external case as is when i deleted the windows folder that was on it i got problems galore.i used western/d to set it up and it appears to be all right so far.so i will tick as resolved and hope this is the end of my problems once again thanks for your help on this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…