Lost Partition.

nobrains51 11:25 09 May 09

Hello, my nephew was moving his pc when a cable caught, now he has lost a partition.On start up it says... Primary Master not found (Sata )... Slave 80 gig(there abouts). I have managed to put windows on his slave drive, then tried to go into disc management, if i r/click on disc management i get the message ..RPC server unavailable, if i l/click i get the message ... "unable to connect to local disc management service" Any help would be gratefully appreciated, i shall reply as soon as possible, thanks in advance.

johndrew 11:46 09 May 09

Moving desktop PCs whilst they are running is very unwise as your nephew found.

You don`t give any indication which cable `caught` or how or if it broke, pulled out or was damaged. If the `cable` was damaged replace it if it is necessary for operation of the PC. If a USB cable disconnect it (unless it is for keyboard/mouse). If it was a USB cable the socket may be damaged.

If you have all unnecessary peripherals disconnected and the PC still wont boot, I should check all connections to the drive. Power off at the mains before starting.

You could also try booting into BIOS (hold the <Delete> key on switching on) to see if the drive is recognised there.

There is also the possibility the OS has become corrupt, due to jarring/interruption of the drive whilst it was writing, and a `Repair` will be necessary using the Windows boot CD.

nobrains51 15:20 09 May 09

Hello, i have brought the pc to my house, so i am using all my cables connections etc. As i said cannot find the master at boot up, also i have been into BIS and nothing there either, thanks for your quick reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:32 09 May 09

Switch off
unplug
ground yourself on a radiator
remove side
check Data and power cables are connected firmly to the hard drives
check data cable is connected firmly to the motherboard.

plug in, switch on and see if the drive is recognised in the boot sequence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…