Lost Outlook Express!!

Charlie Babbage 08:41 22 Oct 05

Yesterday I had to set up OE v 6.0 again following a hard disc failure. I did this OK and received about 6 outstanding emails.

Today, for some reason unknown to me, Outlook seems to have taken over from OE!! Even worse, although I have an item in the Outlook 'Out' box, I can't actually send it. When I click on the 'Send/receive' button on the toolbar, nothing happens!!

I want to go back to OE and remove Outlook. However, when I click on the Outlook icon on the Desktop to delete the shortcut, I get the warning message 'Are you sure you want to delete the Microsoft Outlook icon from your desktop? The Outlook Desktop icon provides special functionality and we recommend that you do not remove it'.

What is this 'special functionality'? I thought that all desktop icons were merely shortcuts to the respective application or file??

VoG II 08:47 22 Oct 05

Go into Internet Explorer, Tools|Internet Options, Programs tab and set Outlook Express as your e-mail handler.

The Outlook icon on the desktop is not a normal shortcut - it does not have an arrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now