lost operating system

nessie14 13:10 06 Feb 09

My son turned his laptop on one evening and the only thing that appeared was the make Advent.
Have tried so many different things but every time it just says operating system not found. Is it all over for his laptop, he had windows vista home premium and this happened 2 weeks after the 1 year warranty ran out and i could not afford to renew.
Any help please anyone,

T I M B O 13:12 06 Feb 09

Try F8 and booting to last known working configuration. Did you make copies of the operating system onto DVD's ?

nessie14 13:20 06 Feb 09

thanks timbo but no option for f8, he did recovery disc when he got it but will not reinstall OS so does not work without windows running

T I M B O 13:31 06 Feb 09

On the recovery disk there should be a repair option. When the recovery disk has booted up, do you get Pc Angel come up? There should also be an F10 for an Advent, this should access ur hidden partition. Or maybe the MBR need repair. Advents are made by Medion so maybe they can help if you these options are of no use.

I do hope you get it fixed.

Product Support Telephone Hotline
PC Multimedia, Notebooks and Consumer Electronic products
Telephone: 0871 3761020 (national rate call charges apply)
Ireland: 1 800 550 461 (freephone)
Fax: 01793 715716
Monday - Friday
from 8:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
from 10:00am - 4:00pm

nessie14 13:59 06 Feb 09

recovery disc wont even run, F10 is not an option except to save and exit boot order, and how do i deal with the MBR thing please. Every disc I try for repair always comes up black screen and no OS found. I am nearly bald thru pulling out hair

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:40 06 Feb 09
  Strawballs 23:15 06 Feb 09

Sounds like the hard drive has died if you get a new drive you should be able to reinstall using the disc he made when he first got it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…