Lost Normal.Dot

SABRE 09:28 30 Jun 04

I thought that in XP this should be in C:\Docs & Settings yourname>\Templates. Can't find it in mine but there is a file called Winword in this folder. Done a search on the drive and still no normal.dot. Any ideas?

Cesar 09:36 30 Jun 04

If you have damaged or deleted Normal.dot anew one should be created when you start word, try running SFC /scannow which repairs damaged or missing files.

VoG II 10:27 30 Jun 04

You need to enable searching for hidden files and folders.

SABRE 10:31 30 Jun 04

Thanks Vog but hidden files& folders was already enabled.

Eric10 13:06 30 Jun 04

Sabre, The correct path to the folder containing Normal.dot is C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

SABRE 15:00 30 Jun 04

Eric10. My path came from an article in yesterdays Telegraph. I have e-mailed them to see if they think that they got it wrong. I.E. C: \ Documents and Settings \ <-yourname>\Templates. I spent an hour this morning looking for it.

Will advise on outcome.

SABRE 12:29 01 Jul 04

My man at The Telegraph has replied and humbly stated that they put the path in incorrectly. Very good of him to acknowledge the error.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…