lost network icon in navigation bar

Newuser3477 16:13 31 Dec 07

I seem to have lost the useful wireless connectivity networking icon that confirmed signal strength level and speed of connectivity in the navigation bar at the bottom of the right hand side.It probably disappeared when I connected/disconnected an ethernet cable to my laptop without switching off computer. I still have the LAN icon telling me a network cable has been disconnected. I have been told that I cannot have 2 network icons in this area but I am sure I did when I first had this laptop 4 weeeks ago. Anyway i don't need the LAN icon but I do want the wireles connectivity info
Peter

ambra4 17:07 31 Dec 07

Start-Setting-Network Connections-Right Click Wireless Connection-Properties

Tick “Show Icon In Notification Area when Connected”

Newuser3477 10:44 02 Jan 08

Thanks for your help. I have made a mistake because I thought I was in the Vista forum area, so I was not able to follow your advice . I could not find settings after clicking on the start button nor did typing in settings in the searc box help. I did however find a wireless Connection Properties dialogue box but there was no option to tick " show icon in notification arae when connected".
Any chance of some more help ?
Peter

ambra4 11:16 02 Jan 08

In Vista Click anywhere on Task bar, Select Properties, Notification Area, put a tick in Network.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced